Droidrage turns to windowsrage
Microsoft’s #droidrage campaign on twitter seems to have backfired badly and looking at my stream Microsoft is definitely losing the battle.
#Droidrage, a rather pathetic marketing campaign on Twitter was launched by Microsoft earlier this week. Microsoft asked Android users to share their android malware/virus worries with them. Microsoft would then choose the best tweet and give the poster a free Windows 8 phone.
While the marketing trick worked for a day or two Android users are not staying quiet so they have launched a #windowsrage hashtag which directly mocks Windows 8 phones and their functionality or shall I say a lack of.
Maybe the Widows 8 Phone team should invest some money to improve their products rather than waste money on #doomedfromthestart campaigns on Twitter
See some funny #droidrage and #windwosrage tweets below.
- How to take a screenshot of a windows phone? buying a second WP to take photo of the first WP?
- Even in the virtual machine, Windows manages to screw up my Mac
- You cant write proper software for windowsphone , how can malware be written for it ?? #DroidRage #WindowsRage
- People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, Microsoft. Windows is the most malware-ridden platform out there.
- When you don't look good, you don't laugh at others being ugly. Especially when the other guy actually looks better. #droidrage #windowsrage
- I JustRealized I was gonna buy a Windows phone, but it wasn't worth the trouble of flashing Android onto it. Plus financially supporting evil.
- My 1 year old Lumia not getting Win8 #WindowsRage and my 2 year old Android getting Jelly Bean? How can I possibly have a #DroidRage?
- Only #DroidRage experienced was the 3 day waiting period for my Nexus 4. #WindowsRage was cured all together by switching to Mac
- I once thought about writing malware for a windows phone but then I thought, aren't they suffering enough? #DroidRage #WindowsRage
See more #windowsrage tweets on Twitter